Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dumb question

2005-04-27 15:31:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dumb question
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:31:50 -0400
Sounds like you need to add multiple DNS suffixes to search.

For your unix clients, something like the following in your
/etc/resolv.conf :

bash-2.03# more /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 10.0.0.10
nameserver 10.0.0.11
domain .
search peregrine.com labs.peregrine.com
bash-2.03#

For windows clients, There is the option to "append domain specific
suffix" or something to that effect, as well as a checkbox that says
something like "inherit parent domain suffix".
With both of those checked the windows machines in the subdomain should
resolve properly.

Is your master on unix or windows?
If unix, then the part above for unix clients would apply to unix server
as well....for windows server, you may have to select the DNS box that
says "append the following domain suffixes" or whatever it says, and add
bot the domain and subdomain manually.

Paul

http://www.peregrine.com <http://www.peregrine.com/>