Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email reports: Second Half

2005-04-25 17:52:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email reports: Second Half
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:52:06 -0700
Greetings, once again!

I have successfully created my perl script which outputs a) a list of
tapes to be rotated out of our robot for temporary off-site storage, and
b) the "details" of each of the jobs that used these tapes (just for
verification). It works rather nicely, and I'll be more than happy to
share it with anyone who would like it.

Now, I need to finish the the job I started.  :-)

I looked through my archives of this list for ways to make bpend_notify
kick off a smaller version of my script so that, instead of just a terse
"backup job BLAH finished with status 0" or such message (which is
moderately useless for tracking anything other than total successes), it
sends out those "details". At the very least, I'd like it to send out
the ERR and WRN statements which usually contain information about files
not backed up (status 1) but the backup itself is partially successful.

All the info from the NBU SAG and this list says that bpend_notify takes
the following as arguments:

 clientname
 policyname
 schedname
 schedtype
 exitstatus

And can also use the following environment variables:

 BACKUPID
 UNIXBACKUPTIME
 BACKUPTIME

bpimagelist has a flag called "backupid", but that doesn't seem to be
the same as "job id" (from bpdbjobs). Is that the same as BACKUPID in
bpend_notify? Has anyone done anything like this with bpend_notify?
Bueller?

Thanks, as always!!

....k