Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup for DB2

2005-04-25 05:10:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup for DB2
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:10:52 +0200
Hello Imran

A way to attempt this would be creating a DB2 policy with a script schedule
and a data-receiving schedule per day with each its own volume pool.

I think that if you omit the db2.conf file Netbackup will use what is send
from the server.

Regards
Michael
NBU Consult

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:26:59 +0100, Khan Imran A wrote
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> We have a NetBackup 5.1 solution which involves a Master Server (SCSI
attached library) and a number of clients two of which are DB2 on windows
2003. One of the requirements is to have backups written to a different tape
each day, which is easily accommodated for in most policies by having
multiple schedules each using a different volume pool. However, in database
specific policies such as SQL and DB2 one would need to have multiple
policies to be able to write to a different tape for each day of the week.
In a SQL policy it is straight forward have 5 policies writing to 5
different volume pools each with same .bch file. I understand in DB2 it's a
little different where there is *.conf file which holds details on a policy,
schedule and instance. The DB2 policy references a tpl (template file) or
shell script. Do we need multiple *.conf files or can multiple policies be
referenced in the *.conf file. What is the relationship between *.conf and
template files. I am new to DB2 can anyone help

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)