Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup database backup is currently disabled

2005-04-22 05:48:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup database backup is currently disabled
From: marek.gorka AT sun DOT com (Marek Gorka)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:48:38 +0200
hello,

could anyone explain the following message in the log files:

bpsched: WARNING: NetBackup database backup is currently disabled

i get this message quite often. i have found in the archive of this group
that this message tells me, that no catalog backup is configured.

strange thing is, that my catalog backup _is_ configured as follows:

# bpsyncinfo

Frequency of DB Backup:  never - must be manually initiated

   Server: nbu
   Sequence # 1    Last Media Used: CAT001

     Written             Allocated           Type   Density  Media
     ------------------- ------------------- ----   -------  -----
   1 04/06/2005 12:31:12 03/31/2005 08:52:30 RMedia hcart2   CAT001
   2

   Paths Included:
     /opt/openv/netbackup/db
     /opt/openv/volmgr/database
     /opt/openv/db
     /opt/openv/volmgr/misc

don't bother with the 'written date' -> it's just bpsyncinfo output taken a
couple days ago.

the catalog backup is started via crontab and the bpbackupdb command. it
works well, as there are other log entries saying:

bpbackupdb NB database backup to media id CAT001 SUCCEEDED

and i have correct output in the activity monitor.

crontab starts catalog backup at 12:00 (noon) and 00:00 (midnight). the
WARNING message gets to the log files at various times, e.g. 8:00.

i'm a bit confused, haven't found anything at support.veritas.com nor google.

regards,

--
Marek Gorka