Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email reports

2005-04-19 16:44:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email reports
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:44:45 -0500
Is there a way to dump the bpdbjobs -all_columns info out to a file, say
after every backup, but if a job gets deleted out of activity monitor
not have it deleted from the dump?

I tried using the -append option of bpdbjobs but I didn't get it to work
right.

I first ran bpdbjobs -all_colums -append >>Somefile.txt

Then I deleted a job from activity monitor and ran the same command
again. It re-dumped the same information, but without the job I manually
deleted. If it were truly appending, then it would just add the new jobs
into somefile.txt and not delete the job I manually deleted. Make sense?

Is there a different way to do this that does work?