Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups

2005-04-19 11:19:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Backups
From: mjungaro AT capitolindemnity DOT com (Ungaro, Matt)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:19:17 -0500
A question about NDMP backups.
I have 2 Netapp G-Filers attached to a Hitachi Thunder 9570. I am running
Netbackup 5.1MP1 on Windows Server 2003. My Tape Library is SAN attached to
the Netbackup server, and it is a Qualstar 8466 with 2 LTO2 drives. The
Gfilers go into the same SAN, but I have not opened up zoning between the
Gfilers and the Tape Library. From what I'm seeing in the documentation, I
need to dedicate a drive in my library to just NDMP backups. If I had 4
drives, I really wouldn't see this as a problem, but having on 2 makes this a
bit of a pain. Is this really the only way to perform an NDMP backup? I was
hoping to do a 3 way NDMP backup to the same storage unit that my other
backups go to. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt