Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Email reports

2005-04-18 12:38:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Email reports
From: KFreels AT askjeeves DOT com (Kevin Freels)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:38:06 -0700
Greetings!!

I have more or less asked this question before. I looked through my
archives, but I didn't really find the answer I was looking for.

I want to have NB email the "details" of each individual backup job when
it completes to the admin email address. By this, I mean the same stuff
you would see if you went to the Activity Monitor and did a "details" on
any of the completed jobs. What I need is the ability to see what media
were used for what job so I can create a report each morning about what
tapes were used (by job/host) and need to be rotated out of the robot
(for off-site archives). I would also settle for individual emails from
each job (I could pipe that to a file and form my own "report" if
needed).

I looked through all the logs under netbackup/logs and really didn't see
anything separated by job ID. I imagine that bpend_notify can be
used/altered to do this, but where is the individual job ID info/history
kept? Is that actually under the db directory (didn't see anything
there)?

I'm wondering if bpdbjobs would be able to do this, but it seems to me
that command just lists the processes, not the details. Has anyone done
anything like this? I can parse out the detail info using perl if I have
to, but I'm really lazy and don't like to re-invent the wheel.  :-)

Again, thanks as always!

....k
Kevin Freels                         kfreels AT askjeeves DOT com
Senior UNIX SysAdmin                          510.985.7444
Ask Jeeves                                         ask.com
"We keep you alive to serve this ship. Row well and live."