Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4.1 with Solaris 9/10

2005-04-14 12:13:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 3.4.1 with Solaris 9/10
From: steve.giessler AT mail.wvu DOT edu (Steve Giessler)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:13:02 -0400
Greetings,

I have Veritas Netbackup 3.4.1 Business Server and the Master Server is a
Windows 2000 box. I have several Solaris 8 + 9 sparc clients and now one
Solaris 10 sparc client. The Solaris 8 clients work fine. But when I after
installing the client on a Solaris 9 and/or 10 box, I can't seem to connect to
it from the server. I am simply adding these to the same backup pool. When I do
that the only choice I have is to specify Solaris 8, but the manual says it
should work with newer versions of Solaris (maybe not?)

When I am on the Master server in the Backup Policy Management Console and I
right click on the new client and then choose properties, after a few moments I
get an error "Bad Network Connection on Machines: (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Do you want
to continue?"

I can do nothing, so I click no. I can't see why there is a bad network
connection. I can ping and even ssh to the client from the server (I have ssh
with Cygwin on the 2000 box). All firewalls were dropped for testing. Does
anybody know why this won't work?

--

Steve Giessler, Unix System Administrator
West Virginia University