Veritas-bu

SUMMARY [Veritas-bu] SENSE_KEY codes

2005-04-08 12:46:16
Subject: SUMMARY [Veritas-bu] SENSE_KEY codes
From: milan_d_stojanovic AT hotmail DOT com (M S)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:46:16 -0700
Thanks for repling:
Kim, Jim, Len, Bill

There particular code report

SENSE_KEY: 0x04, ASC: 0x40, ASCQ: 0x01

is vendor specific (at this time I still do not have response from the
vendor).

This as closest code combination as possible:

40/00  D               RAM FAILURE (SHOULD USE 40 NN)
40/NN  DTLPWROMAEBKVF  DIAGNOSTIC FAILURE ON COMPONENT NN (80H-FFH)

NN being 01 (my best guess is first memeory bank???)

The best sites to check the SCSI Sense key codes (Thanks to Bill Jorgensen)
using GUI query is

http://www.spectralogic.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support.senseCodeForm&CatID=247

Thanks Jimh for this site:

http://www.t10.org/lists/asc-num.htm