Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Looking for comments about Aptare Storage Console --backup report ing tool

2005-04-04 16:07:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Looking for comments about Aptare Storage Console --backup report ing tool
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:07:27 -0500
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 12:49:38PM -0700, Kathy Norman wrote:
> I am interested  in finding about people's experiences of Aptare Storage
> console, backup reporting software working with Veritas NetBackup.  All
> comments are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I've posted rave reports about it on this list.  If you've got specific
questions, please feel free to ask.  I've been using it for about a
year or so.

In general, the product is excellent and the people behind it are tough
to beat.  Bugs are fixed promptly and they're very responsive to new
feature requests.

I did a review of Bocada's product vs StorageConsole and it was
absolutely no contest.  Once you see StorageConsole in action, you'll
wonder how you lived without it.

The product is easy to demo if your master server can make an https
connection to the outside world.  This allows you to see how the product
behaves with *your* data, not just a sample set.  This was a key selling
point for us.

        .../Ed

Disclaimer:  I am only a satisfied customer.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org