Veritas-bu

SUMMARY [Veritas-bu] Daylight time savings weekend - issues ?

2005-04-01 18:22:45
Subject: SUMMARY [Veritas-bu] Daylight time savings weekend - issues ?
From: milan_d_stojanovic AT hotmail DOT com (M S)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 15:22:45 -0800
Thanks to Denis and Matthew

Question:

Hi,

Any real life issues, problems, sugestions related to NetBackup schedular?

Denis wrote:

Yep all of the frequency based with the frequency 1 day, same type  backups
with in the same policy, that start at 12am will not run on the following
day.

Matthew Stier wrote:

Not by netbackup.  The scheduler simply loosing an hour in any schedule that
would have included the 1~3am timeframe.

As to any cron initated jobs, I've long ago given up initiating cronjobs
between 1 and 3am on Sundays.  That way I bypass this issue.

That way none are missed during the Spring forward, or none duplicated
during the Fall back.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.

first two months FREE*.