Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up Oracle 10G with OCFS

2005-03-31 15:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Oracle 10G with OCFS
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:25:00 -0600
Hi all, we have recently set up some test Linux servers that are running
Oracle 10G.  They are using the Oracle Clustered File System.  Everyone
wants to know how to back these up, and I think RMAN is the way to go.
But, is anyone out there backing up a similar setup?  Doesn't need to be
linux servers.  I am just curious, do you let RMAN handle it all, or do
you use an Oracle Database Agent from Veritas and let Netbackup handle
everything, or is it a mixture of these or neither?

Thanks,
Taylor