Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] silent install

2005-03-29 03:35:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] silent install
From: Tim Berger <tim.berger AT gmail DOT com> (Tim Berger)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:35:37 -0800
I've done something similar - a non-interactive install to build a linux RPM.

You'll need a copy of of the solaris client tree.  You can tar it up
like this  (assuming you have gnu tar and gzip in /usr/local/bin):

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin tar czCf /usr/openv
/tmp/netbackup-solaris-client.tar.gz netbackup/help share
netbackup/client/Solaris/Solaris8 NB-Java.tar.Z

Copy this to some scratch area and unpack. Then you'll need patch up
some of the installer scripts so that the root of relevant files
referenced is whereever the jumpstart mount point is.

For example:
${ECHO} "$1     $2/tcp  $1" >>/etc/services

Becomes:
${ECHO} "$1     $2/tcp  $1" >>/mnt/root/etc/services

These scripts are cp_to_client, extract_java, and move_libs.  Comment
out the part about restarting inetd as well.  tar this back up.  This
is what you'll use in your jumpstart scripts.  From a jumpstart
script, unpack it then run cp_to_client <master> <clientname>.  After
that runs, you can copy over customized exclude_list files and such.

Hope this helps.