Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remote NDMP to master (5.1) server - dedicated drive needed?

2005-03-28 13:20:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remote NDMP to master (5.1) server - dedicated drive needed?
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:20:06 -0500
Seems to me the OP was specifying backups of TCP/IP to a drive attached
to the backup server.
By TCP/IP, I take this to mean, via a mount, and NOT NDMP......in this
case, a dedicated drive wouldn't be necessary, as it would be backed up
as a filesystem more or less local to the backup server....for true NDMP
backups (drive attachedto NetApp) then a separate drive WOULD be
required.

Paul