Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd RMAN issue

2005-03-28 12:02:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd RMAN issue
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:02:34 -0600
I upgraded my client on my oracle server to 5.1 MP2 from 4.5 last
week. Now it's got problems backing up. No changes to the rman script
and sbttest also fails. or more specifically "sbttest
/something/something" fails but "sbttest foobar" doesn't. The first
creates the backup then fails to find it when it tries to read it
back. When I look at the list of files backed up in the activity
monitor, the first is ending up with "//something/something" as the
backup image name. The same is happening for the RMAN scripts, so when
RMAN queries the image after creating it, it can't find it.

Suggestions?
-Charlie