Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Patching

2005-03-23 15:16:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Patching
From: errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com (Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:16:57 -0600
Hi list,

  I've decided I need to update a lot of my servers and clients.  I've
got a bare install (no updates yet) on all servers and clients.  Are
there any gotchas or lesson's learned I need to hear about?  I
understand I need to install the UNIX client MP first, then the UNIX
server ... And Windows will update both a the same time.

  How about mismatches.  Can I have an updated server without the
clients being at the same level?  What about the other way around?  Can
the Server be original-install while the clients are MP4?

  Any help is appreciated.

--Errin Larsen