Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hung Backup Jobs on Windows 2000 and 2003 clients

2005-03-23 12:19:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hung Backup Jobs on Windows 2000 and 2003 clients
From: errinlarsen AT hmmausa DOT com (Larsen, Errin M HMMA/IT)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:19:58 -0600
Hi,

  This is my first email to the list, so please forgive me if I don't
provide the info you need to help me.  Please let me know if I can
provide more info.

  I'm running VERITAS NetBackup 5.0 on a Solaris 9 master server.  I
have a MS-Windows-NT policy with about 15 clients.  There is both a Full
and a Diff-Inc schedule.  Both of these schedules result in a hung
backup job on one of these clients (random) about once a day.  The
Full's run on the weekend and the Diffs run during the week.  One of the
clients has this hung job problem more than any of the others, but it
does not ALWAYS have the problem.  It is really strange.

  Any clues where to begin troubleshooting this?  I have created all the
log directories on the client.  Should I create them on the server, as
well?  What log bits can I send to the list that would help diagnose
this?

  Looking forward to your help,

  --Errin Larsen