Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] oracle rman selective datafile restores

2005-03-18 12:18:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] oracle rman selective datafile restores
From: listmail AT triad.rr DOT com (listmail AT triad.rr DOT com)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:18:05 -0500
I've noticed today when restoring specific datafiles from a full RMAN backup,
Netbackup seems to be restoring the entire image.  Although I cant seem to find
where NB is storing the image after the restore (df -k isn't showing a large
growth), according to the numbers I restoring far more than I need to.  Also
the restore time is obviously way to long for the number/size of datafiles I
picked.

My setsize in the RMAN script is 8g so I'm assuming I need to drop that around
2-4gb.  Filesperset is 50 so maybe that will need to be reduce.  The database
is around 100g total.

Are there any other options to consider for getting netbackup to restore as
little as possible thus speeding up the restore times?

Thanks

Solaris 8
NB Datacenter 4.5