Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

2005-03-17 12:44:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up
From: carrd AT ijet DOT com (carrd AT ijet DOT com)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:44:10 -0500
Thank you Mark for sharing your script.

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu]On Behalf Of
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:05 PM
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

There's been some interest in this but the posting, thanks to Exchange,
wraps poorly.  Here's two scripts as attachments.  The first is the script
below, with a minor variation to print KB, MB, & GB as appropriate.  I just
threw this together as a response to the posting.

The second, larger script is my more comprehensive daily script.  It
defaults to 24 hours but will accept a number of hours to report as a
command-line parameter. It has three sections, backup totals for the entire
period, then per client totals with policies broken out below each client
total.  Finally, there's a policy totals section for those who have many
clients per policy.

Just change the MAILADDR variable in the big script to what you want.  I run
it daily by cron, 24-hour reporting daily with a 72-hour report on Monday
morning to give me the weekend totals.

Good luck!

-M