Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up

2005-03-16 15:40:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB script that show size of data backed up
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:40:57 -0600
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:44:13PM -0500, carrd AT ijet DOT com wrote:
> I am looking for a script that shows the size of the data backed up per
> client. We are using NetBackup 4.5 on Solaris master with Windows, Linux and
> Solaris clients.

NetBackup does a pretty poor job of reporting out of the box, and
depending on what kind of time period you're looking at, it won't do it
at all.

We went with a 3rd party reporting product that gives us excellent
reporting functionality over wide user-defined time periods.  Management
loves the pretty pictures and techies love looking at the raw growth
numbers (grouped by whatever whatever you want/need).

http://www.aptare.com

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA