Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP Ultrium2 LTO II Drives Performance

2005-03-15 09:15:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP Ultrium2 LTO II Drives Performance
From: labsupport AT iidc.lucent DOT com (Bhakat Amit Kumar(Amit))
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:45:36 +0530
Hello,
        Thanks to all who are all replayed. I have done the following changes in
/etc/system and Netbackup tune as per
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/183702.htm . Now I am gating 13Mb/s
throughput. But the drive can support 30Mb/s.
Also I observer the backup via Gige LAN is faster then local file system,
for local fs I am gating 5Mb/s. Where both the fs coming from same SAN
(T3+).

Can some one can tell me way to get best performance ?
Do I need to do any tune in File system label ?

Thanks,
Amit