Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP Ultrium2 LTO II Drives Performance

2005-03-09 10:15:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP Ultrium2 LTO II Drives Performance
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:15:26 -0800 (PST)
--- labsupport is not your Lucent handle
<labsupport AT iidc.lucent DOT com> wrote:
> Hello,
>         I have installed a SUN L180 with 4 HP
> Ultrium2 drive (LTO2).
> Media and master server is SUN fire 6800 and having
> LVD SCSI.
>         I am backing up all the data using Gigabit
> Ethernet. I am gating
> 10 MB/s throughput on a Gigabit lan with 4 drives.
>         Can any one tell what is the throughput  you
> are gating on LTO2
> drives.
>         Do  I need to do any tune for OS or NB ? to
> get more performance.

while a drive is in use we see a max between 50-80mb
per drive.  we do multistreaming and some of our
database backups (single stream) we see around
45mb/sec.  db's are oracle and exchange.  we have a
stk l180 with 4 lto2 drives (FC connected, robot
control scsi).  using sun 480 as the master