Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unexpire an expired image

2005-03-09 03:27:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unexpire an expired image
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:27:53 -0800
 May freeze the tape, an un-expire would be nice,
some-one should know?

The best way to preven this other than proper retention
is to backup your catalog's and send them off-site with
tapes, but during retores to an alnernate backup system
change the date and time to years before expiration, ha,
gets it back.

Importing media does work but the image might   expire before
the restore windows -  Never change your master /media server
times and dates - use mmc to prevent time change  always.