Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Splitting large jobs

2005-03-04 07:35:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Splitting large jobs
From: tstewart AT nibsc.ac DOT uk (Thomas Stewart)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:35:02 +0000
Hi,
I have a 1TB volume mounted on /big, it mostly contains the users mydocs.

At the moment I backup the box nightly to a 6 tape library using the
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive, which works fine. However it is getting to the
stage where the job that does /big is taking to long.

Is there any way to automatically split the job up, so that it can make use of
the other tape drives in the library that are idle?

So far my only thought is to split it manually by changing the backup
selections to something like:
/
NEW_STREAM
/big/mydocs/[0-9A-Za-m]*