Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vnetd - any special requirements or problems

2005-03-03 09:41:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vnetd - any special requirements or problems
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:41:44 -0500
Only issue I've ever had was involving tha firewall moreso than vnetd.

Once vnetd was turned on, and appropriate ports were opened on the
firewall, everything worked fine.
However, we had a considerable number of clients with a LOT of data
behind the firewall (staging/development network) and the firewall was a
Enterprise 250, with 100Mb/s interfaces, and the backup traffic killed
it.....the firewall was upgraded, and everything since has been
great.....So regardless of the backbone size, and the connection speed
of the servers you're backing up, you're restricted by the bottleneck of
the firewall.

Are you intenting to add a few clients that will backup through a
firewall using vnetd? Or all of your clients?? <shudder> or just running
the admin console using vnetd???

Cheers,
Paul