Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL questions

2005-02-17 15:42:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL questions
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:42:38 -0700
Our performance model goes up to 2TB/hour which is a little shy of what
you are getting - 600MB/sec.

The cool thing is that model is for both backup to disk (HOST to VTL)
and disk to tape (VTL to Physical Tape) as long as you have the tape
drives to support up to 2TB/hr...which in your case wouldn't be an issue
:-).  Since we synchronize the physical barcode to the virtual barcode
we're able to generate a NetBackup (or TSM) formatted physical media
which is able to be read by any other NetBackup media server.

David A. Chapa | ADIC | 720.272.8452 cell | http://www.adic.com
Sr. Technical Advisor