Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Difference between 5.0 and 5.1

2005-02-16 15:44:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Difference between 5.0 and 5.1
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:44:53 -0600
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:36:08PM -0500, W. T. Smith wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote, in part:
> >The word we got from a NetBackup product manager was that unless you
> >need the features that are in 5.1, wait until 6.0MP1.  ...
>
> Even a NetBackup Product Manager implies staying away from the as yet
> unreleased v6.0GA?!

It wouldn't matter anyway.  We tried and tried to get our hands on 5.0
and we didn't get it until the day before MP2 hit the streets.

It seems like new releases will go to new customers first and existing
customers wait.

I've heard that 6.0 has rewrite for the scheduler.  Do you really want
it the GA release?  The Product Manager knows about our specific
environment - we happen to be in the same city as him.  Other customers
might be very satisfied with 6.0GA.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org