Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Difference between 5.0 and 5.1

2005-02-16 10:16:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Difference between 5.0 and 5.1
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:16:05 -0600
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:54:29AM +0100, Drunen van, Marcel wrote:
> Does anyone know the most significant differences between NetBackup 5.0
> and 5.1? We are currently at 5.0MP4, what to gain form going to 5.1MP2?

I believe that encryption and a Linux master server are the only major
enhancements.

The word we got from a NetBackup product manager was that unless you
need the features that are in 5.1, wait until 6.0MP1.  All the
maintenance paks for 5.1 will also be issued for 5.0.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org