Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Datacenter 4.5MP6 Catalog Archiving

2005-02-14 08:11:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Datacenter 4.5MP6 Catalog Archiving
From: Mathew.Kirsch AT PaeTec DOT com (Kirsch, Mathew (Matt))
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:11:13 -0500
In the never-ending quest to keep our NetBackup filesystem from filling up, I
would like to institute archiving old backup images to tape. Some of you
helpful folks have told me that the version of NetBackup I'm on now, 4.5MP6,
has that capability, and that the "how-to" is in the UNIX Admin Guide.

Well, you must have access to newer documentation than I. The documentation I
have, which came straight off the NB4.5MP6 CD, doesn't mention Catalog
Archiving. We've confirmed that the documentation is out of date, but I'll be
jiggered if I can't find anything newer. The version on Veritas's website is
the same old outdated version I have.

Matt Kirsch
Unix Systems Administrator
(585) 340-2736  Office