Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Convert Master to Media server ?

2005-02-10 13:52:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Convert Master to Media server ?
From: carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br (Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:52:13 -0300 (ART)
     You need to alter the bp.conf of the servers and to restart the netbackup.
The first name in bp.conf is always the master server name, the others are
media servers or administrative consoles.

bp.conf of the old master server
SERVER= new_master_server_name
SERVER= old_master_server_name

bp.conf of the new master server
SERVER=master_server_name
MEDIA_SERVER=old_master_server_name

 --- "Milton, Fergus (UK - Bath)" <fmilton AT deloitte.co DOT uk> escreveu:
> Hi,
> I have a 4.5 Master Server that I would like to "convert" if possible to
> make it into a Media Server that can be used with another existing
> Master Server. The catch is that I imported loads of final archive tapes
> (for normal servers as we decommissioned them) into this old Master, and
> I don't want to have to do the same again to make the records available
> in the new Master.
> Is such a thing possible, and can anyone suggest any links that may
> help. I have been searching the main Veritas site but the search seems
> very clunky and I'm sure doesn't reveal half of what's there.
> Regards,
>     Fergus
>
> Fergus Milton
> Deloitte.
>
> Direct: +44 1225 739250
> Main: +44 1225 739300
> Mobile +44 7775 711450
> fmilton AT deloitte.co DOT uk
> www.deloitte.co.uk
>
> IMPORTANT NOTICE
> If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail
> disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement
> below or contact the sender.
> This communication is from Deloitte MCS Limited whose registered office is at
> Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR, United Kingdom.  Registered
> in England No 3311052.
> This communication and any attachments contain information which is
> confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
> intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
> that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this
> communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
> error, please return it with the title "received in error" to
> IT.SECURITY.UK AT deloitte.co DOT uk then delete the email and destroy any
> copies of
> it.
> E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
> late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any
> such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by
> e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
> When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this
> e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed
> in the governing Deloitte MCS Limited client engagement letter.
> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any
> attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are
> neither given nor endorsed by it.

=====
Carlos Alberto L. dos Santos (TOCA)
Eng. de Computação - Puc-Campinas(SP) - Brasil
carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora.
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis