Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 5.5

2005-02-09 18:40:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 5.5
From: DSweeney AT co.green-lake.wi DOT us (Sweeney, Deb)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:40:46 -0600
Hello all,

We've recently discovered a problem when backing up an Exchange 5.5 server
using NB 5.0 mp1. When trying to restore an inbox there were several
messages that showed "no subject." The restore would run but it only
successfully restored a portion of the messages. In testing we had a mailbox
that showed NP backed up 156 no subject messages in the inbox yet there was
only one message in this inbox and it had a subject line. Veritas support is
investigating the issue but would like us to upgrade to mp4.

I was wondering if anyone has had issues going from 5.0 mp1 to mp4, anything
to watch out for. Our master/media server is a Linux 2.1 with a mix of Unix,
Linux, Windows clients.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Deb Sweeney
Green Lake County