Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to backup a Windows Cluster with 2 nodes

2005-02-07 07:46:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to backup a Windows Cluster with 2 nodes
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 04:46:13 -0800

4.5(mp6) Master + media server -
Sun L1800 4  tape drives Diff's 7000
Firmware up to date
Drivers up to date
Status Everythings is OK

2 nodes that control 1 Windows cluster -
Ljcisclu1 = 1 node
Ljclusrv2 = 2 node
Ljcluster1 = shared E drive and F drives 200 gig each.
Ljexchange = runs on the active node F: Exchange on E:
Both nodes have C: drives
one has Q for quorum:
Exchange brick level backups are fine, but I backup E as well -
E is exchange loaded directory - but mail backups are OK.
F: is a shared directory with misc + PST files and critical datas.

HOW SHOULD I LOAD THE CLIENTS AND BACK EACH NODE UP?

THANKS A BUNCH