Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Non-destructive ways to reduce the size of the N etbackup database ?

2005-01-31 12:04:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Non-destructive ways to reduce the size of the N etbackup database ?
From: wts AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:04:31 -0500
If you have debugging logs, they can take a significant amount of
storage.  Set all debugging levels to 0 *and* remove the log directories
to stop logging.

Otherwise, catalog space is predominantly descriptions of files.  If you
can't reduce the number of files backed up and you run cleanup, either
implied at quiet times or as described previously, then I think you are
left with just "Catalog Archiving".  See the SAG Vol I for the
description of catalog archiving (and let us know if/how it affects your
operation, please!).

cheers, wayne