Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Issues Upgrading 4.5 FP7 to NBU 5.1 for Large Environments

2005-01-31 08:56:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Issues Upgrading 4.5 FP7 to NBU 5.1 for Large Environments
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:56:59 -0500
I had full Netbackup hangs every 6-10 days with NBU Enterprise 5.0 MP3.
All jobs would queue, and everything would stay like that.
Some DSU jobs might run, very slowly.

We queue jobs in batches....all regular production systems at 20:00,
development/testing/QA jobs at 22:00, and systems with special
requirements (cold databse backups, etc) at 01:00.

We applied the second half of technote 268122 (re msg queue sizes) on
Jan 7th and are hoping this takes care of it.
(first part re shared mem was applied at install)

Paul