Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrade to v5.0

2005-01-27 09:03:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrade to v5.0
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:03:00 -0800 (PST)
I was running 4.5FP3 and upgraded to 5.0 GA without
problems.  I saw one report that said if you had
symbolic links pointing your netbackup directories to
different spots you might have trouble, but I didn't
see this problem despitre linking a lot of my stuff to
different filesystems.

In my opinion though, the 5.0 admin gui sucks.  If
enforces even more some of the dns whacki-ness that
Veritas likes to call "security".  This may not effect
you, but if you have a complex environment where you
admin console changes ip a lot and dns entries are
delayed in updating such as with dynamic dns, and some
hosts are in DMZ's without resolve-ability of the
admin console, you will have problems.

--- "Preece, Sue" <spreece AT herefordshire.gov DOT uk>