Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] trylogs

2005-01-24 15:45:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] trylogs
From: nizan1372 AT yahoo DOT com (N. Z.)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:45:57 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

We've recently upgraded to NetBackup 4.5GA on our
Solaris 8 Sun box which acts as our NetBackup Server.
I would like to know if there is a way to increase
verbosity or have the trylogs print more details
(files i'm referring to are in
~/netbackup/db/jobs/trylogs).

This would help us greatly as we have a script that
looks in these files to gather and display transfer
speeds of backups. This has been working fine prior to
our upgrade (3.x) and now the contents of these files
have minimal data while the backup is in process (ie,
it doesnt show transfer speeds or other/more detailed
info anymore):

# more 177029.t
Try 1
PROCESS 1106585977 9037 bpbrm
CONNECT 1106585977
CONNECTED 1106585977
MOUNTED 1106585978
POSITIONING 1106585978 000481 17
POSITIONED 1106585996
BEGIN_WRITING 1106585996
#

Thanks in advance, I tried looking for a trylog from
when more data was written to it, but it seems our old
logs have been removed.