Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Receiving BPRD error when starting the NetBackup Admin Console

2005-01-21 03:51:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Receiving BPRD error when starting the NetBackup Admin Console
From: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au (Daniel Lupton)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:51:43 +1100
We have just migrated our test environment from NT domain to Active
Directory. Since the NetBackup server was migrated following error is
displayed when the Administration console is started:
      'The selected host "backuptest" does not have the service BPRD
operating (Error 23). Make sure all the services are running on the host."
When I click on 'OK' the administration console opens but nothing is
displayed.

I checked the services and they are all running. I then removed the server
from the console and then re-added it using the 'browse' button and
selecting the server on the AD domain to no avail. I then clicked on 'New
Window From Here' in desperation and when the new console opened it works
without an issue.

After this we rebooted the server again and the same thing occurred.
I have attempted to search the Veritas web site but can not find any
solution. Does anyone know why this is occurring and how to fix it or avoid
it when we migrate our production environment to AD?

We are running NetBackup 5.1 on a Windows 2000 server.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Daniel Lupton
|  Daniel Lupton | Enterprise Systems and Security Administrator | Tabcorp |
|      Technical Services - Star City | Email: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au

|                       Ext: 7651 | Phone: 9657 7651                       |
|              80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia             |
|                            Star City | Tabcorp                           |

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person. Accordingly,
Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including
in negligence) for the consequences for any other person acting, or
refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this document in error, please notify our Helpdesk
immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please also destroy and delete
the document from your computer.

Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
document and its contents is strictly prohibited.