Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tier_1 vs Tier_2

2005-01-19 19:48:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tier_1 vs Tier_2
From: John.Nardello AT T-Mobile DOT com (Nardello, John)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:48:46 -0800
That was a US example, and I was assuming a Master server existed already. =)

I was quizzing our Veritas rep repeatedly during our recent license audit and
he told me the clients themselves don't have Tiered licenses. Also included in
my answers from him was the fact that master and media servers do not also
require a client license to be backed up - it's assumed. I did mention the
licenses for the # of tape drives (Library Based Tape Drive license) in my
reply previously.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough when I said UNIX....Intel servers running
Windows or Linux go off the # of CPUs. Other server types have licenses based
off of the class of the server.

Hope that clears things up.
John Nardello
T-Mobile: Enterprise Systems Backup Group Technical Lead
"Your backups are only as good as your restores."