Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes - careful about using "core"

2005-01-19 13:59:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does anyone use file excludes - careful about using "core"
From: dphillip AT parc DOT com (William David Phillips)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:59:08 PST
When we were still on 3.4.1 we had core in the exclude list for Unix
(Solaris) file servers.

On restoring a partition we discovered that all files and directories
named core were not backed up.  It had nothing to do with the file being
a core file.  Only explicitly exclude core files with a known path and
name unless you are certain none of your users will ever use the name
core.  I don't know if this is fixed in a later release.

David