Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Can SAN media server perform redirect restore

2005-01-19 07:01:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Can SAN media server perform redirect restore
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:01:54 +0000
Im interested in this as i have netbackup 5.0 mp3 on Solaris 9. 1 Master
server and 2 Media servers. They are all connectred via a SAN switch to
myu L700 storage unit. I have SAN licenses installed on all and am using
SSO for the drives

The master server is backing up the network clients and the media
servers ( which are DB servers ) are backing themselves up as have large
storage.

I have been able to restore the following

Med Server      client               client

Master server.  Net client A to Net client B
Media server1  Med1(Db1) to Med2(Db2)   <- needed to add entry in
bp.conf FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = Med2 Med1
Media server2  Med2(Db2) to Med1(Db1)   <- needed to add entry in
bp.conf FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = Med1 Med2

So now i am worried i wont be able to restore some portion which i have
not tested????

Thanks
Dave