Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status code 205 errors

2005-01-17 15:45:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status code 205 errors
From: techlists AT comcast DOT net (Paul Greene)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:45:01 -0500
I'm having some issues with status code 205 errors - "unable to connect
to backup restore manager". Our master server and media server are both
the same box. The system that seems to have this problem most
consistently is an Oracle server running two separate instances of a
database, although some other servers intermittently have the same
error, so I can't say the problem is exclusive to the Oracle server.
Error logging is set to level 3 on both the master server and on the
client.

What log files should I be looking at for indications of where the
problem lies? And what things should I be looking for?

Thanks

Paul Greene