Veritas-bu

RES: [Veritas-bu] New strange problem cropped up

2005-01-14 13:54:02
Subject: RES: [Veritas-bu] New strange problem cropped up
From: david.trostli AT veritas-software.com DOT br (David Trostli)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:54:02 -0200
there is a bpjobd daemon

David

-----Mensagem original-----
De: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu]Em nome de Jennifer
Hooper
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2005 18:33
Para: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Assunto: [Veritas-bu] New strange problem cropped up

Good afternoon!

I've had a new strange problem come up in our environment that I need a
better way to solve than bouncing all of the NBU services.  I haven't found
much in the guides that I have searched for the problem.  The background
envrironment:  NBU 5.0 master running on Solaris 7, NBU media server running
on Solaris 8.  Clients are mixed of all operating systems.  The problem is
occuring in the Java Admin Console where I continually get a message:

Activity Monitor Failed and must be restarted
To recover, first correct the problem described below and then select
Refresh.

Connection Refused.

The only way I've been able to solve this is to restart the NBU services on
the master and media server.  But that's really not feasible now, because
I'm still running some backups.  Things were running fine until just when
this crashed.  Is there a single daemon that I can restart that controls the
Activity Monitor?

Thanks for the help in advance...helping me keep this system limping along
until I can deploy the new single master server!

Thanks,

Jennifer