Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stand-alone drives

2005-01-13 20:24:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stand-alone drives
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:24:19 -0800
Another note:

If there are several tapes in the media pool - unassigned,
Then the tapes with the LOWEST MOUNT COUNT get mounted first.

Example: to set mount count to 0 so that tape will be used 1st for tape
NTY365 =

You can change the mount count in volmgr\bin  vmchange -m NTY365 -n 0

This is also nice to keep tapes mounting in sequence in media pools.

Eric Ljungblad
Computer Operator
Copley Information Services
Eric.Ljungblad AT copleypress DOT com