Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Client Install Problem

2005-01-10 07:18:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Client Install Problem
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:18:04 -0800
 Rather than push. Pull the client - I realize this is a hassle
but from the begining - Veritas has had issue's pushing the client
from One server to the next - expecially 3.1.4.

Copy the entire Veritas CD to one drive on a server that has at least
465MB free space for this CD. Then share the CD folder - the logon
to any 2003 and select start\run  the cd share name - then run the
launch.exe then the client install that should work unless you don't have
admin rights on the local machine?

A push of the client some-times fails - a Pull always works depending on
Network traffic,

You may want to wait until Network traffic is down and try and push the
client - All computers need to be restarted after the client install -
WOL works great for restarting or turning on computers from a schedules task
or script just prior to backups - you can actually turn on any computer
within the WAN with WOL "Wake on LAN" providing the NIC has a connection
with the old mother-hubbard board.