Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FlashBackup - Windows

2005-01-06 17:23:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FlashBackup - Windows
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:23:59 -0600
 Hello all,

NBU 5.0 MP3

Anyone using Flashbackup (Raw backup) on Windows? I have a Win2k Master
and media servers and I'm attempting to do a raw backup of one of the
media managers to it's own LTO gen1 tape device. The backup works fine
and a full raw restore works fine also. The thing that isn't working is
a single file restore from the raw backup. I know this can be done,
Veritas uses this feature as a big selling point for FlashBackup.

I've made sure that I have the proper policy type (FlashBackup-Windows)
set when I do the restore along with the proper restore type (Normal).
(When doing the raw restore you use the raw restore type).

Anyone have any ideas?