Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How does Netbackup handle Sendmail backup?

2005-01-06 16:26:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How does Netbackup handle Sendmail backup?
From: hskelly1 AT san.rr DOT com (Hal Skelly)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:26:30 -0800
Paul, as sendmail handles smtp requests asynchronously, you will have to
kill and restart the daemon before doing the backup (unless you can
otherwise guarantee that no mail will be sent/received during the time
the backup is running).  This is easily handled with pre and post
scripts.  The complication arises from notification though.  Once the
job ends, smtp notification can't be sent until the daemon is running
again.

Hal Skelly