Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Read Fail

2005-01-05 16:54:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Read Fail
From: juanino AT yahoo DOT com (Jerry)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:54:44 -0800 (PST)
I have seen this when you have a backup image that
believes it is one size, but the size on tape doesn't
match what the catalog thinks it is.  I spent days,
even weeks trying to figure out the problem, only to
find it was a corrupt backup and I was attempt to
restore the same one every time.  Verify the tape from
the GUI.  This is especially true in my case because
it was a 2 GB db that was stopping at 312MB every
time.  That was the hint that something was wrong with
the backup.  If the activity monitor see if the error
five is hitting the same point every time.

Jerry
QX59

--- "Zermeno, Brandon (Contractor)"