Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hung Jobs

2005-01-05 11:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hung Jobs
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:25:00 -0600
Hello all,

I am having a problem with jobs slowing down through the backup window
and eventually coming to a point of being hung. The jobs start running
at decent speeds, then trickle down to about 17 - 25 kb/sec. It's
different clients each night, and out of 500 jobs, there might be 7-8
hung when I check the morning after. I am unable to kill the jobs via
activity monitor, the only way I can get them to die is to stop the
services on all media managers and restart them. After this is done the
hung jobs go away and end with status code 23. Has anyone seen anything
like this?

I'm running NetBackup v5.0 MP3 on a Windows 2000 Master server. All
media servers are Windows 2000 also. The library is a STK L700 with FC
LTO Gen1 drives. All drives and robot are at the current level of
firmware. Clients are all Windows based (NT 4, Win2k, Win2k3). All of
the hung jobs are network backups. Because it is different clients each
night, I do not think it is 100% a network problem.

Thanks for the help!

Kris