Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question about incremental vs full on multpile policies

2005-01-05 06:09:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question about incremental vs full on multpile policies
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:09:45 +0000
Ok,

I am running Netbackup on solaris 9 with 2 media servers about 22 unix
clients and 7 windows200 clients.

I have normal backups which run daily. ( Cinc ) and full backups at
weekends.

I have decided to copy my policies to Offsite_<policy> and change the
volume pool on each schedule to be my offsite tape pools for cinc and full.

Now my question is as all files, and clients are the same on the normal
policy and my offsite policy what happens with the incrementals, i.e
where do they take there times from for being incremental files.

for e.g

Pol1 ( normal ) full backup on sat
Pol1 ( normal ) inc on sunday will get files changed since saturday

OffPol1 ( offsite ) full backup on sat
OffPol1 ( offsite ) inc on sunday . Will this get files changed sine
OffPol1 full backup or could it maybe miss some out as they could be
reset from Pol1 (normal) inc ???

That make sense?

Im a bit confused cant find much docs to explain it

Cheers

Dave