Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mix FP & MP in version 4.5 with SSO

2005-01-03 23:58:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mix FP & MP in version 4.5 with SSO
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:58:46 -0800 (PST)
--- David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> wrote:

> * Song <song_1977 AT yahoo DOT com> [2005-01-03 19:22]:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to upgrade my current version 4.5 (MP5)
> environment to FP7. I
> > going to upgrade only master server (cluster) & 3
> more SSO media & SAN
> > media servers. Pls advice whether SSO can support
> mix FP & MP coz I
> > have more SSO media server which not going to
> upgarde and what are the
> > thing to take note.
>
> 4.5 does not support having ANY of the servers be at
> a different rev,
> ESPECIALLY MP and FP. The ability to have mixed
> versions was indroduced
> in 5.x only.
>
> --
> David Rock
> david AT graniteweb DOT com

according to the 4.5fp3 doc:
Supporting Mixed Media Server Revisions

This version of NetBackup supports mixed versions
between master and media servers.

see page 50 for more

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_DataCenter/255267.pdf

ive not tried it, so i cant claim this to be law or anything...